Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Life Lately with Essential Oils...



My friend, Mary, introduced me to  Essential Oils last spring.  She offered a class for how to use them with newborns, babies, and children.  At the time, Leo was only a few months old.  I was petrified that he was going to get sick.  I also was looking for natural options to avoid toxins in baby products.  I was hooked!

I had no idea what I was doing when I first started…but I continue to learn more and more about the power of these oils.  They are amazing!  Here are a few ways I've been using them lately…
  • Leo was constipated for 3 days - Lemon on his tummy and back (diluted with coconut oil).  This works magic! OMG.  Craziness.
  • Billy had a bad cold and cough coming on - 2 drops each of Frankincense, Oregano, Protective Blend, Melaleuca, and Lemon in a capsule twice a day.  (Knocked it out in 2 days!)
  • I was worried about getting the cold so I did the same thing.
  • I was worried about Leo getting the cold so I diffused the Protective Blend in the house
  • Leo is teething and having trouble going down for naps - rubbed the Calming Blend diluted on his chest and he went to bed calmly, without crying.
  • Leo started tugging at his ear one morning - I rubbed Melaleuca around the ear, put a drop of Basil on a cotton ball in each ear. No more tugging.
  • Billy had a flare up of "phantom pain" in his leg - Frankincense applied to his leg calms it down so he can sleep.
  • Billy ate too much cheese and had a bad stomach reaction - He rubbed The Digestive Blend on his stomach and felt relief.
  • I felt a UTI coming on around 10pm…can't call the doctor and really don't want to take antibiotics.  Took a capsule with 2 drops Frankincense, 6 drops Oregano, 6 drops Protective Blend.  Went to bed and woke up completely symptom free in the morning.

I don't know what I did before we had these!  Amazing stuff.  Email me at allisonbrimblecom@gmail.com if you want to know more about the brand we use or want to know how to purchase.


No comments:

Post a Comment