Saturday, July 3, 2010

G-Free Pasta and Easy Berry Cobbler


For those of you who are regular readers of my blog, you know that I steal borrow all of my good ideas from my fabulous friend Jami.  She recently posted a recipe for California Chicken Pasta her blog.   I felt the need to re-post it mainly because it was the maiden voyage of my food processor!  I had to document it.  (I got for a wedding gift...3 years ago.)

Also, I tweaked it a little bit and made it with gluten-free pasta and cut out the cheese.  I don't have a gluten allergy, but I just feel better when I eat non-inflammatory foods and cut out things like wheat (gluten), sugar, dairy, etc.  I really believe that cutting out gluten from your diet is the first thing to try if you feel sluggish, have IBS, reoccurring sinus problems or have trouble losing weight.  I'm just sayin'.  Try it!  See how you feel!  People are always like..."How in the world can you eat without eating gluten!  It's in everything!" Not true.  It's actually not that difficult.

Gluten-free pasta is made from brown rice. It  is not exactly the same consistency as real pasta, I must say.  BUT, it really is good. It's important not to over-cook it or it can get gummy.  Keep it al dente.


Click here for her recipe.  Make either version tonight.  It's so yummy and healthy!  You can do it!





And now for something LOADED with sugar, butter, flour, and everything yummy!  Ha!  Tomorrow is the 4th, so I have to splurge a little bit, o.k.?  There are really great deals on berries right now and I went a little overboard on buying.  I wanted to make something with them before they spoiled.  This berry cobbler only took about 10 minutes to prepare. It's probably all stuff you have in your cabinet.  There is no messy dough to roll out.  It's delish.  Enjoy!

Easy Berry Cobbler
1 c. quick oats (uncooked)
1 c. flour
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. sugar
3 cups of fresh or frozen berries

Melt butter.  Mix together oatmeal, flour, and brown sugar.  Cut in butter until crumbly.  (You will probably not need it all).  In a different bowl, mix berries and sugar together.  Grease an 8" square pan.  Press about half of the crumb mixture in the bottom.  Cover with berries.  Sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture on top.  Bake for 45 minutes at 350.

1 comment:

  1. omg...that berry cobbler looks delish. move back to KC and make it for me, won't you?

    ReplyDelete