Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Week O' Fun - Day 2

The name alone is a reason to visit this place.  Am I right?  I Dream of Weenie this funky little van turned into a hot dog cart in East Nashville.  They have lots of different varieties and toppings and they taste fabulous!  Hot dogs are the one thing that I don't care about how unhealthy they are.  I love them.  I love hot dogs so much that I convinced my family to grill out hot dogs for Christmas dinner each year.  Seriously.  I did.










A must-see for Nashville tourists.  We just did the basic tour (with our AAA discount!).  They offer more extensive tours with audio as well as a bus ride and guided tour to Studio B, where thousands of hit songs were recorded.  According to Billy, this doesn't quite live up to the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland.  However, it was really fun and informative! 








Downtown Nashville/Broadway:
After the Hall of Fame we walked down Broadway.  Broadway is a very "touristy" street and is loaded with bars, restaurants, record stores, souvenir shops, etc. In this picture, the river is just behind me and you can also see part of the Titans stadium.  This area was hit badly by the flood in May, so it's great to have everything up and running so soon.







We stopped at Robert's and had a little snack.  Even though it was only 3 p.m. in the afternoon, live music was happening here and at several other bars along Broadway.  So many musicians are dying to "make it"!  Apparently, they also sell boots at this bar which I think is pretty hilarious.


Hatch Show Print:  
Hatch is a 130 year old letterpress print shop that still prints all of the posters for the Ryman and other big shows and events around town.  I love looking through all the prints.  Hatch has a very cool, distinctive style that is fun to spot around town.  If you visit, shut the door behind you or you'll let out the cats!







Every Tuesday is "Pint and Pie" night at Family Wash in East Nashville.  Our friends Greg and Sionnie LaFollette joined us for some amazing Shepherd's Pie and Chicken Pot Pie.  The comfort food and quirky atmosphere here give me warm fuzzies everytime. 





2 comments:

  1. you crazy kids! i really do wish i was on this adventure. i need to do this with my kids every summer before school starts. when they get older. and we won't hit up any bars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading about your week of FUN!! See you soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete